Sunday, May 12, 2013

FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE

For all the childless ones: who have lost children or never had their own or adopted children or co-parented or simply stepped in when others fled: I salute you.

For all of you Teachers; clergy; Scout leaders; Coaches; grandmothers; Aunties; best friends; lovers; partners; godmothers; next-door-neighbors; doctors; nurses; social workers; first responders; care-takers; guardians; saints and angels: I salute you.

For all of you who have ever touched me; counseled me; held me; loved me; whipped me into shape; listened to me; spoke with me; spoke to me; spoke when I couldn't speak; rescued me; cuddled me; held me shaking and cold; gave me food or water or a warm place to rest; drove me somewhere; explained my visions; listened to my dreams; dreamt with me; pointed to the places I needed to travel; gave me funds; offered me loans; taught me; prayed for me; guided me; helped me guide others; worried about me; thought about me; spoke up for me; fought for my right to be; traveled along with me, by my side; had my back; put an arm around my shoulder; nudged me; prodded me on; allowed me respite; valued me; acknowledged me; made a difference in my life: I thank and honor you.

For all the Forgotten Ones: whose names I have not mentioned; whose lives filled mine, if only for a short time; whose kindnesses have faded in the corridor of my life; whose favors were kept hidden or accomplished in secret; whose silences went unnoticed; who felt unseen or unheard or unloved: I ask forgiveness. I wish for another chance to tell you: gracias. You HAVE made a difference: you have helped to nurture and sustain this life. I am grateful.

For all the Hard Ones: who have challenged me; who have been challenged by me; who frustrate and anger and infuriate; who have made me sob or merely shed tears; who have abandoned me in times of absolute weakness; who have walked over me or past me or spat on my head; who have punched or kicked or cut or burned me; who have used me for their own purposes and then moved on; who have taught me to snarl, to growl to almost give up; who have stripped me of everything I own and then went after my Spirit; who have tried to bury me; who have tried to forget me; who have tried to erase me from this life: I forgive you; I ask forgiveness from you for whatever I contributed to making you so full of hate; I thank you for the lessons I would not have learned otherwise.

For all those who have gone on, ahead: I send greetings; I send prayers; I send lamentations and cries of loneliness; I send laughter in the form of memories; I send Light in the dark nights and beg your wisdom and blessings; I hope we will meet someplace else, again.

For all the Invisible Ones: the angels and saints and guides and Higher Beings; for the bodhisatvas and buddhas and multi-dimensionals; for the ghosts and aliens and animal spirits; for all LIFE that surrounds me, unseen but felt; invisible but valued: I give praise and thanks.

To the Highest Mother: keep my Soul close. Help me overcome the limits of the flesh. Guide me in making this life significant and unwasted. Bless me and my endeavors so that I can make a difference to those around me. Lead me back to your bosom. Thank you for all.

Happy Mothers' Day.       

No comments:

Post a Comment