Sunday, April 28, 2013

THICKHEADS,THICKSKINS, HARD-HEARTS

Me: "So,why are you out of school right now?"

Kid #1: "I got suspended, again."

Me: "What for this time?"

Kid #1: "I got into a fight with a kid and told him if he didn't shut up I'd cut his tongue and eyes out..."

Me: "What made you fight in the first place?"

Kid #1: "That guy always starts lies about me--then it gets around the whole school--"

Me: "Like what?"

Kid#1:"Like I threatened to kill someone..."

Me: "Did you?"

Kid #1: "Yeah,but they can't prove it..."

Me: "Would you actually do that? Actually kill someone, I mean?"

Kid #1: "Maybe...like if he really threatened me or my dogs or my family..."

Me: "Did he?"

Kid#1: "Sorta...I mean, I can't really explain it...he,like,just gets on my nerves...we used to be friends but then he started saying shit about me and turning people against me..."

Me: "How so? How did he turn people against you?"

Kid#1: "Just making them not want to be my friends...I don't know...shit like that."

Me: "So this guy stopped being your friend and got other people to stop being your friends and you felt threatened by that?"

Kid #1: "Sorta...I mean we used to do stuff together--like hang out in the woods--or cut down trees and make cool forts and stuff--or have bonfires--but then we got into trouble for breaking down stuff..."

Me:"What stuff did you break?  Whose stuff?  Why did you break it?"

Kid #1:" Just stuff--old stuff lying around...mostly in my yard...my parents stuff...We needed material--for our projects--for making forts and wrestling props and art stuff, like."

Me:"Did you ask permission? Usually it's a good idea to ask before you break apart stuff that doesn't belong to you, first..."

Kid#1:"What's the point? My parents will just say no..."

Me: "So you got into trouble with this other guy for breaking apart 'stuff' that belonged to your parents?"

Kid#1:"Sort of...I just couldn't hang out with him at my house anymore--or go to his house. Then he started getting pissed off and made up stories that I tried to kill him--which were totally untrue!"

Me:"Other kids believed him?"

Kid#1: "Well, kinda. Other kids heard me fooling around and I said like I wanted to cut this kid's tongue out..oh,and his eyes...for making up rumors about me...but, nobody knows I was only fooling around and they can't prove it, anyway.. he used to be my best friend!"

Me:"So that's why you got kicked out of school?"

Kid#1: "No,not really...I got kicked out because the Principal stopped our fight and heard me say I hoped the whole school would blow up with him in it..."

Me: "Your friend?"

Kid#1: "Not my friend, the Principal--and the whole school building just blow up! I hate that place!"

Me: "But I thoght you were mad at your friend--"

Kid#1: "I don't have friends, just acquaintences..."

Me:"What about this kid that used to be your 'best' friend--"

Kid#1: "The kid whose eyes I wanna gouge out? "

Me:"Yes, the kid whose tongue you wanted to cut, isn't he the one you are really angry with--for making up rumors about you ? Why did you want to blow up the Principal?"

Kid#1:" Cause HE stopped our fight..."

Me:"I'm confused about who you are angry with and why you wanted to blow up the entire school?"

Kid#1: "Pretty much I'm pissed at everybody... I guess...I just hate school..."

Me: "But why? You have to have a reason--"

Kid#1: "Why do I have to have a reason?  My whole life's my reason! Nobody gets me...I don't really have friends...my parents are always working--and we still don't have food in the house half the time...my little brothers don't listen to me but I still have to watch them--and my little sisters, too--but how, when they won't listen, anyways?  My big brother hits me; my Dad hits me; my Mom screams all the time--at everybody--and my dog's sick but we don't have vet money, so now, he might die. Nobody really cares...so, what's the reason? You tell me?? Pick one. Just pick one..."



No comments:

Post a Comment