Sunday, April 29, 2012

SURVEYLAND

"Why not get paid to give your opinion?"
"Why not get all your make-up, perfume and fancy toiletries for free?"
"Why not receive snacks in the mail, postage paid by the producer?"

Why not?

God knows, I always have an opinion.
I like to smell good, all the time.
I do snack...(smile)

I've sent my resume everywhere else in a hundred mile radius looking for employment.

Why not, indeed?

One week later, a hundred and five e-mails in my SPAM BOX every three minutes, twenty half-hour surveys that ultimately include a "Must Choose At Least Two Free Offers" on the final round of survey "questions" (all of which are for such scintillating products as male-enhancement pills, diabetic supplies, (I do NOT have diabetes!) or elderly power-chairs...) none of which I am even vaguely interested in; OR, half-hour surveys that finish with a final line informing one that, in order to get the "Free" product, for which you have spent the last half-hour taking the inane questionaire, you must now give your credit card info, to cover the "2.99 postage and handling", in order to receive the "free" reward.
You know the old saying, about getting screwed coming and going?  Well, this is an apt application.
I know.
I have been told numerous times, to beware anything that looks "too good to be true". I have also been informed that you can never get anything for nothing. However, my thoughts, my actions, my considerations, my life-span moments-- aren't they all worth something?

 Why should there be a "minus" after them? This survey business is a swift kick- in- the- teeth--as well as elsewhere.
Oh, yeah, and the "free products just to try"--I have only actually received offers that were totally free, twice. (And then, only the offers came--NOT the samples.) So much for that come-on.
Somewhere in cyberspace, there are probably a few surveys that actually are interested in customer feedback. They may actually offer something for your time. Probably. But, they aren't on FaceBook or on the side-ads that pop up every few minutes on-line; they aren't side-barring Yahoo nor Google nor Amazon.
I'm just saying: this fast-track to a wee bit of pocket cash came up empty.
Surveyor Beware.

If it weren't for my family--intense and unrelenting as they are--this writer would be scratching her notes in the mud, under a bridge, somewhere. (If it was in L.A., in the dust, on the pavement.)
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment